In no particular order:
- J.D. (the 4 year old) walked into the bathroom just as I was stepping out of the shower and drying off. After he asked me what I was doing and I answered him (while covering the nakedness), I asked him to go out and close the door and he said ok. He then popped his head back in and said, ‘You know, you really should get dressed.’ Then I sputtered for 10 minutes (ex: ‘but…he….wait…what?’.)
- Pookie and I went to see some local bands last night because Pookie loves him some live music. I tend not to care for it simply because to me, live music is the thing keeping me from doing what I enjoy best; nattering on about nothing whilst my companion(s) cast about for some way to discreetly puncture their eardrums. Anyway, we particularly enjoyed one band, so in the interest of seeming ‘cool’ and ‘ with it’ and with the wish to one day be considered a ‘hep cat, Daddio’, I thought I’d link to their MySpace page. They did a hell of a job on Black Magic Woman, but the highlight was definitely the cowbell solo. I’m not kidding.
- We had our best day so far at the shop on Saturday! Hopefully it’s just the beginning.
- Speaking of the shop, our little mystery friend came out of his cocoon! I’d about decided he wasn’t ever going to, but there he was yesterday morning. His wings were still a bit wet and he couldn’t fly away yet, so we managed to get some pics of him, but I had to use my camera phone, so only one of them is worth a crap: Isn’t he a handsome devil?
- This from a post by Mrs. Chili: “…and because I love you all and don’t want YOU to be crazy (even though I’m well aware that it’s too late for some of you – hi, Contrary!)…”, makes me so glad that I’ll have a friend like her when I move to New Hampshire. I won’t even have to break her in!
- I might or might not have asked Pookie if we “have one of those little drill-y drills”. He might or might not have laughed his ass off. The only thing I know for sure is that there will be no sex-y sex any time soon. Hmph.