Fauve (who is supposed to have this little accenty thing above her name, but I can’t do it), tagged me for the 5 Things You Don’t Know about Me Meme.
I’ve had this one before, but since I can thnk of 5 MORE things you don’t know about me, I’m gonna do it again.
Also, we (and by we, I mean the entire internet) need some new memes. Maybe we could have a ‘Who’s your favorite Beatle and why?’ meme. Or something equally timely and topical.
Anyway, here goes:
1) I woke up with a swollen tongue the other morning. Despite being able to do a dead on imitation of Shirley Temple, it still wasn’t the most pleasant experience of my life. And to those who laughed as I lisped: Bite me.
2) I’m tall. Not Kareem Abdul Jabar tall, but certainly taller than average. One time, when I was lying across the foot of my (short) mother’s bed while we listened to the radio, Randy Newman’s Short People started playing. My mother literally kicked me off the bed (with her stubby little feet) when I started snickering and snorting at the song. In my experience, short people are mean and kind of sensitive.
3) I’m originally from Iowa. Which I may have mentioned before. My dad was from Iowa and my mom from Louisiana. So we went back and forth from one extreme to the other. My mother called us her little Crispix (half corn, half rice) and we all talk funny. We don’t fit in anywhere. And we didn’t even get that pleasing non-accent thing. We just sound fucked up. Ex: ‘Hey, y’all, who wants a pop?‘
4) I am currently reading On The Road by Jack Kerouac. Not because I care about the Beat Generation (I think everyone should just get a job and quit bitching already), but because I perceive it as being part of the college experience and since I didn’t go to college, I want to make sure I’m not missing out on anything. It’s actually a pretty good read. I expect to start wearing a beret and smoking cheroots just any old time now. Also, I’ll be taking up the LSD soon. I’m pretty sure you haven’t lived until you’ve had a bad trip.
5) I’ll be giving notice at my job this week because I’ll be opening my own place (with a couple friends). Which is much bigger news than that one little sentence can convey and the main reason I haven’t been posting much.
To those who worry that this will keep us from moving to New Hampshire (Mrs. Chili and PatK, I’m looking at you here), trust me. We’re coming. But it will be nice to be happy at work in the meantime.
So, tell me something I don’t know about you.